Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Planet Tad by Tim Carvell

Book: Planet Tad
Author: Tim Carvell
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication date: May 18, 2012
Reviewer: Louis (9)

I think 'Planet Tad' by Tim Carvell is a good book even though I may not understand some of the jokes because I am only 9 and I have never had a sumer job or attended real school before.

Some parents will probably disapprove of the language in 'Planet Tad'. A word that I don't mind seeing in the book is "suck". The reason I don't mind it is because it doesn't describe someone for instance it dosen't have things like " you suck" it has things like "it must suck having this job". What I think the parents will disapprove of is this word, it only says once, "smartsass". I can kind of understand why the writer put the words in and that is because the writer may think a teen is reading the book. And we kind of know how teens think it is kind of cool and funny to swear. I sometimes like swearing because I like hanging out with my big kid friends.

The book is about this 13 year old boy who goes to Lakevill School and starts a blog on his new computer he got for Christmas. The book starts off as a story but sometimes the story will end very fast and say something funny and random. I love books like that, and the other thing I like is that it has a bunch of short little stories put into one.

One of my favorite quotes from Plant Tad is "I wonder if Link doesn't like it when Zelda gets kid napped, I bet Zelda just likes getting rescued by someone cool". I liked it because it came from no where and it is about a video game. I would like to see more books this series. It is similar in style as "Diary of a Wimpy Kid' so I'm sure once Planet Tad comes out people will be rioting for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment